Manifolds

July 22, 2008

Wrong.

Filed under: food,technology — origamifreak @ 10:36 pm
Tags:

This is just bizarrely wrong.

Seen over at cakewrecks, in the comments.

(I just love the things I find over at the feed of Noel’s bloglinks.)

Note that it should probably not be used indoors…

Or maybe at all:

The center of the candle has an unexpected high flame and the plastic petals could ignite resulting in melting and dripping plastic. The ignited plastic could also spread to nearby combustibles and pose a fire hazard to consumers. The battery contained in the middle of candle could eventually explode.

The Australian gov’t isn’t too keen on them, either:

While testing one of these items, we found that the wicks quickly burned down, igniting the body of the flower feature prior to the entire music playing apparatus catching fire and melting into a molten blob.

Advertisements

2 Comments »

  1. Darn it! NOW what am I going to do for Surly Boy’s birthday this year? 😉

    Comment by Toy Lady — July 23, 2008 @ 2:01 pm | Reply

  2. Er, I mean, looking at the video, you could have predicted that outcome. Did they actually sell any of these? If they did, I hope they sold a whole lot of them… it’s all in the spirit of NATURAL SELECTION!!! 😀 Good fun!

    Comment by Lisa Fagg — August 3, 2008 @ 4:01 pm | Reply


RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: